Marble Bawn - CD (includes Download)
Free Shipping on Orders over $95 to USA*
*excludes Framed Prints
Your order is automatically Offset with a donation to Cool Effect's carbon reducing projects.
☘️For USA delivery before St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, 2020 - please order by:
Special Order items (t-shirts, hoodies, etc.)
Standard Shipping: Wednesday March 4
Express Shipping: Friday March 6
Vermont Stock T-shirts, Wall Art and CD's:
Standard Shipping: Monday March 9
Automatic 15% Off Storewide until St. Patrick's Day!
When you order the CD - you'll get an email with the Album Download, Free! ($5.99 value). Includes choice of MP3, WAV, or FLAC
The County Down's very first EP - Songs from Ireland and Vermont.
'Marble Bawn' refers to Vermont's famous marble. Bawn (bán in Irish) means 'white', and many Irish came to work in the quarries following the Great Famine and 1848 rebellion. Among them was James Carney (Kearney) who wrote 'West Rutland Marble Bawn'. Carney was also an outspoken Fenian sympathizer.
Cover Photo: Vermont Marble Co.'s quarries, West Rutland, VT. C.W. Nichols, public domain. Courtesy of New York Public Library Digital Collections.
Tracks (Preview them Here)
- West Rutland Marble Bawn - by James Patrick Carney, a Tipperary man who emmigrated to Vermont, and worked in the marble quarries in West Rutland from 1855-61.
- The Auld Triangle - attributed to Brendan Behan.
- Star of the County Down - by Cathal McGarvey, traditional.
- There Were Roses - by Tommy Sands.
- Make 'em Feel the Bern (Irish Bernie Song) - feat. Claudine Langille of Gypsy Reel and Touchstone. Our little contribution to Bernie Sanders' 2016 campaign. After John Keegan Casey's 'The Rising of the Moon'.
- West Rutland Marble Bawn (old style) - recorded live, a cappella, at the New Haven River/Old Coffin Factory trail in Bristol, Vermont.
- Made in USA
- 💚 Eco-wallet: recycled board, no plastic tray.
- 💚 Non-toxic, vegetable-based, biodegradable inks.
- 💚 Packaged in-house with compostable, biodegradable clear PLA sleeves (what I use for Art Prints).
Ships to USA only from my studio in Bristol, Vermont
-or- Free Local Pick-up at Recycled Reading of Vermont.
- Delivery w/tracking in 3-8 business days
- $2.95 first item. Each additional: $1.00
- Ships Free when ordered with Studio Inventory T-shirts or Wall Art.
- 💚 Ships in 60-70% Recycled Content rigid mailer.
- 💚 Carbon Neutral Shipping! Every order is automatically Offset with a donation to Cool Effect's carbon reducing projects.
© 2019/Produced by Reagh Greenleaf Jr. and Daniel Brown.
- 1-3: traditional, arranged by Reagh Greenleaf Jr. and Daniel Brown.
- 4: © by Tommy Sands. License via Harry Fox Agency.
- 5: Music traditional. Lyrics © 2016 by Reagh Greenleaf Jr. Arranged by Reagh Greenleaf Jr., Daniel Brown, Claudine Langille.
- 6: traditional, arranged by Reagh Greenleaf Jr.
- 1-4: Recorded and mixed by Daniel Brown in Rutland and Bristol, VT.
- 5: Recorded and mixed by Rod Farrell, engineer; at Mt. Hollywood Studios, Belmont, VT.
- 6: Recorded live at the New Haven River/Coffin Factory Trail, Bristol, VT.