Triquetra Sugar Maple (block print), 2019
Original: Ink on washi, 12x16"
Sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaf with Triquetra knot.
The triple-knot is a common symbol in Celtic and Nordic/Viking art. It represents concepts associated with the number three: Triple Goddess, Three Fates, Holy Trinity, and many more. I used it to represent the three main Celtic Nations represented in Vermont: Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Sugar maple is, of course, the best source of sap for producing syrup. Abenaki people in Vermont have been making Maple Syrup for centuries. -RG
Printed and packaged in my studio in Bristol, Vermont.
- 5x7", 8x10" and 11x14" sizes.
- Fits standard mats and frames.
- Inkjet, Water resistant pigment inks.
- Premium Lustre finish, 10.4 mil photo paper.
- 💚 Packaged in biodegradable, compostable clear PLA sleeve. 100% recycled content, acid-free backing board.
-or- Free Local Pick-up at Recycled Reading of Vermont.
- Delivery w/tracking in 3-8 business days
- 5x7": $1.95 first item. Each additional: $1.00
- 8x10": $2.95 first item, each additional: $1.50
- 11x14": $3.95 first item, each additional: $2.00
- Automatic 50% off these rates when ordered with larger size Art Prints (i.e. 5x7" with an 8x10" - ships in the same mailer).
- Automatic 50% off these rates when ordered with equal or larger size Framed Prints (ships in the same box).
- 💚 Ships in 60-70% Recycled Content rigid mailer.
- 💚 Carbon Neutral Shipping! Every order is automatically Offset with a donation to Cool Effect's carbon reducing projects.